Wednesday, January 16, 2008

North to Alaska

Since Lee and I have an interesting three months ahead of us, I thought we would start a blog to chronicle our stay in Alaska. We are leaving Wednesday morning for a 3100 mile trip through cold Canada to Anchorage. We will be managing two Liberty Tax Service offices there until the end of April. We could have flown but wanted to have our truck to see the sites. Lee has been to Alaska but I have never been. We hope it is a beautiful but uneventful drive and would like to arrive there by Sunday night. We're prepared for emergencies but plan on none!

We already miss our friends and family - Andrew will be walking and Shelly is expecting her baby on April 13 (bad timing) but I plan on flying back anyway. Hadley and her 4 girls were here for a visit after Christmas and we had a great time. I got to spend a little time with my brother on my birthday even though we were at a funeral in Jerome.

My next post won't be for a few days but hopefully we will post some pictures - I hear there are a lot of moose up that way! So here we go!!!

No comments: