Sunday, February 17, 2008

ONE MONTH IN ALASKA

Hi everyone - we've been here 2 days short of one month - it seems like forever, but I can't believe it's been one month! It has warmed up to the high 20's and even was 33 today. It has snowed the last few days - and we have ALOT. Although I hear those of you in Utah have had a lot, too.

The office has slowed down to organized chaos. I "get" to deal with the unhappy customers and try to keep my preparers on track. My little Bountiful office was a piece of cake compared to here. The other day we printed 134 checks for bank customers. That's 134 checks to log, copies of their returns to prepare, 134 phone calls, and 134 people coming to pick up checks. We are still working late nights, but it actually is slowing down a little. We left at 2:00 yesterday, went to dinner and a movie. Neither office blew up. Lee's office had a break-in, money stolen and soda last week-end. He knows who it was and the police are on it. It was a young kid and his girlfriend. Never a dull moment.

I had my MRI on my hand last Thursday. They also inserted a needle and dye to see what's going on. I go back to the Doctor next Thursday to find out the results. They think maybe it's a torn ligament. They made a splint and it's much better than a cast. The pain is still there and it's very weak, but I hope it will get better on it's own.

Mike's parents are very good to us - and we try to be good guests. The housekeeper told us we were the cleanest and neatest guests to have ever lived there. We have the upstairs to ourselves. We eat out every day so breakfast is about the only time we are in the kitchen.

That's about all our news - we hope you are all well and we miss you so much. We love to hear from you so email us anytime - cdlvmathis@hotmail.com. Carma

No comments: