Sunday, February 24, 2008

In A Cast Again

Well, the MRI showed two small fractures, one in the radius and one in the scaphoid bone. So I am in a cast again. It seems to be part of me now. One thing I cannot do is use a knife and cut meat, etc. Brushing my teeth is another hard one so I bought a battery operated toothbrush. I feel guilty even complaining with so many friends with so many serious issues.

Yesterday we drove a Liberty Tax Service float in the Fur Rondy Parade. It was fun. The celebration lasts all week. You can't even imagine the ice here. Parking lots are solid sheets of ice. You could seriously ice skate almost anywhere except the roads. Today we drove to Talkeetna where there is a spectacular view of Mt. McKinley. I will post my pictures in a couple of days. Rivers in Alaska are used as highways as there are so few highways. In the winter snowmobilers, cross country skiers and dog sleds use them. In the summer they use boats.

Today we went to a very large lake, pulled up to a sign that said no wake zone. Out on the lake were huge trucks, cars, etc., and they were having a snowmobile race on the solidly frozen lake. The mountains take your breath away.

Thanks to Rebers, Shelly and family, Steve and family for taking care of our house. We couldn't do this without you!

It has slowed a little bit here. Everyone at my office has been very sick and I have avoided it, but today I feel pretty lousy. Lee is doing well but misses his recliner and TV. We haven't watched a total of 5 hours since we arrived but have been reading a lot and that's a good thing.

BTW, our Relief Society Presidency was released. I will sure miss working with Jayme, Lanette, Stacey, and Vicki. I am anxious to hear what your new callings are!

Love to all, Carma

No comments: